Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know – we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parentWatch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling people Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a breakCaring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Telephone: 0808 802 0202
Helpline Information NHS UK
Lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday
11am to 4pm at weekends.
Calls are free from UK landlines.
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care forAdvice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone’s legal affairs Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Other benefits Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
- Personal and household finance Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax credits Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible